Wholesale Cinnamon Tree Nurseries
The Cinnamon tree is not only used to produce cinnamon from its bark but makes a nice shade tree.
Attractive bark which is scraped away and then allowed to dry and cure to make the well known cinnamon sticks. great glossy green foliage that tends towards red in autumn and a useful shade tree as well. Cinnamon trees form an interesting twisted trunk over time as well.
Grown in containers they will reach around 2 – 3 m in height, in ideal soils and climates they can reach 6 – 15m in height.
Cinnamon Trees Varieties
Although a number of species are used species such as Cinnamomum zeylanicum and Cinnamomum verrum are available it is the former that is most widely used..
Both make excellent small shade trees and both require sub tropical conditions to thrive. Growing to 15m the cinnamon tree is a hardy evergreen, the bark is cured to make culinary cinnamon.
Foliage is a glossy green, new shoots are a brilliant red.
Cinnamon Tree – Summary Information
- Height – Will reach around 10metres in height. although in commercial production trees are heavily pruned to a bush shape.
- Growth rate – Medium to slow.
- Position – Full sun to part shade.
- Climate – Sub tropical to tropical.
- Soil – Humus rich with good moisture.
- Foliage – Glossy green, oval shaped.
- Flowers – Small green in spring.
2 Burns Rd Ross Creek Goombborian QLD 4570
Ph 07 5483 3734 Mob 0423 775401
email [email protected]
Specializing in exotic fruit trees: Abiu, Barbados Cherry, Black Sapote, Candlenut, Carob, Coffee, Jackfruit, Lychee, Macadamia, Mango, Persimmon, Strawberry Tree, Tamarind and many more.