A naturally small variety growing Lilac “Miss Kim”, has the botanical name of Syringa pubescens patula “Miss Kim” not only has very fragrant flowers, it is also easily pruned.
When planted in a sunny position the fragrance of the flowers on a warm day will fill the garden. After the flowers have faded,
the foliage remains attractive right through the season.
This is a Lilac that can be grown in a container on a patio if required.
For best flowering a sunny position is important, and in a well drained humus rich soil it is a low care plant once established.
- Dig soil over well before planting adding well good amounts of compost and cow manure.
- Plant at the same level the plant was in the container.
- Water in well with liquid seaweed fertiliser.
- Mulch around the plant to maintain a cool moist root run.
- Water through the first summer as needed.
Prune immediately after flowering to maintain a bushy compact habit. When pruned the plant can be maintained at around .5 metres in height if required. Pruning will also ensure better flower production the following year.
- Botanical Name – Syringa pubescens patula “Miss Kim”
- Common Name – Lilac “Miss Kim”
- Position – Full Sun.
- Soil – Well drained humus rich
- Height – To 1.5 metres plus
- Spread to 1.metre
- Growth Rate – Medium to Fast.
- Flowers – Lilac Blue and fragrant
- Flowering time – Spring
Foliage Mid Green and deciduous.
You may also Like
Lilac “Miss Kim” is available for sale from the following participating nurseries
In Melbourne try –
GENTIANA NURSERY – 03 9751 2163
Olinda Monbulk Rd. Olinda.