The brilliant golden yellow flowering Marigold, Durango Gold is a french Marigold and a repeat flowering one.
Long flowering from early summer right through until winter or the first real frosts it can be grown in containers or mass planted.
The botanical name is Tagetes patula and the cultivar name is Durango Gold . The flowers are anemone type and this is a low growing or dwarf Marigold, so great for containers. The flowers are large to nearly 6cm across, the foliage is a good deep green and the flowers are held on good strong stems.
- Best planted in full sun in a humus rich soil, like most Marigolds it attracts bees and butterflies to the garden.
- Plant into the garden in spring after the danger of frosts has passed.
- Try for a soil pH around 6.5
- Water requirements are average and this is a low care plant. However avoid wet soggy soils.
- A good upright growth habit for mass planting space Durango Gold at around 25cm apart.
- In pots, deadhead as the flowers fade to encourage a new flush of flowers.
- Avoid planting in shaded positions to avoid fungal diseases, these are a plant that love lots of sun.
Also available in Red and Tangerine (Pictured Below)