Celosia argentea plumosa ‘Dragon’s Breath’ is one of the best cultivars for brilliant colour. Commonly called simply Celosia ‘Dragon’s Breath’, is grown for the brilliant foliage but more so for the bright red flowers.
Flowering from spring to summer right through until autumn the actual flowering season will depend on the climate.
It grows well in full sun to a little shade and does like a fertile soil. And is a plant widely used for potted colour.
This a plant that can be grown in the garden border or in containers.
Water regularly during dry periods for best growth.
This is an annual and this means Celosia Dragon’s Breath will not come back the following year by itself. Other species and varieties include Celosia Cristata
- Botanical Name – Celosia argentea plumosa ‘Dragon’s Breath’
- Common Name – Dragons breath.
- Position – Full sun to a little shade.
- Soil – Fertile humus rich
- Flowers – Red to Burgundy
- Flowering time – Spring through summer to Autumn/Fall
- Height – To .5m
- Spread to around .4m