A tall growing evergreen shrub, the Blue Mist plant (Bartlettina sordida) is native to Mexico and will reach over 2 metres in height.
Large foliage, mid to deep green and rosy red to purple flowers buds in spring are followed by large lilac flowers.
Best grown in a sheltered position in a moist soil. Plants are relatively disease free and can be pruned back after flowering to help prevent self seeding.
By division of clumps, from softwood cutting and from seed.
This is a plant that will self seed and in some conditions this can be a problem.
- Botanical Name – Bartlettina sordida syn. Eupatorium sordidum
- Common Name – Blue Mist Plant
- Position – Part shade
- Soil – Humus rich. moist
- Height – to0 2 metres
- Spread – Over time it will spread to form a large clump.
- Flowers – Large lilac blue in colour
- Flowering Time – Spring
- Foliage – Large rounded mid to deep green.
- Frost tolerant – This plant is frost tender.
- Drought tolerant – No
Blue Mist plant (Bartlettina sordida) is available for sale from the following nurseries
82 David Hill Rd Monbulk (Opposite Vika Ave)
Japanese Maple and Magnolia specialists, Wholesale and Retail. Large range of other deciduous and evergreen ornamental trees and shrubs.