A wonderful plant for Australian conditions, Agastache ‘Blue Boa’ is A.rugosa hybrid, an award winner, and a long flowering plant as well.
The flowers are a violet blue, large and appear on terminal spikes. The foliage is a good mid green, and with a clump forming habit this is a plant that looks planted in groups of 3.
Most plants look better in odd numbered groups.
We have found that given adequate mulch, once established this is one Agastache that is reasonably drought tolerant. We have only wtaered ours once or twice since planting.
It is also a plant that will flower in light afternoon shade, and it flowers for long periods, late spring right trough summer.
Choose a sunny position and a well drained humus rich soil.
- Add a little lime and organic fertiliser to the planting hole.
- Plant at the same depth it was in the container .
- Water in well with a liquid seaweed fertiliser.
- Mulch around ether plant to maintain a cool moist root run.
Agastache ‘Blue Boa’ Care Tips:
- Free draining growing medium.
- Position in full sun to a little afternoon shade.
- Mulch well around the plant.
- Fertilise in early spring
- Prune back in late winter to early spring.
Agastache ‘Blue Boa’ is available for sale from the following nurseries
357 Monbulk Road SILVAN VIC 3795
Guaranteed "garden worthy" bulbs, plants and perennials. Visit the website to browse our large range of daffodils or request the latest free catalogue.