A low growing mat forming perennial Achillea argentea makes a good ground cover plant and is well suited to growing in rock gardens
Attractive white flowers from spring into summer appear on stems and are held above the foliage, The foliage itself is ferny and in combination with the flowers make it an eye catcher when in full flower.
Regarded as being both drought and heat tolerant this is a semi evergreen plant depending a little on the climate zone and growing conditions.
How to Grow
Plant in a sunny position in a well drained soil, this is a very low care plant that can be trimmed back in winter to tidy up the foliage. The root system is adventurous so plat in a position where this will not be an issue
Achillea argentea Details
- Botanical Name: Achillea argentea
- Common: Names: Umbellata Yarrow also known as Achillea umbellata
- Family: Asteracae
- Origins: Himalayas
- Position: Sun to afternoon shade depending on climate.
- Soil: Well drained.
- Flower Colour: White.
- Foliage: Light green to grey, fern like.
- Height: 10cm (4 inches)
- Spread: 30cm (12 inches) – Greater over time.
- Growth Rate: Medium