Hibbertia, Plant Profile and Landscaping Uses
Commonly called the Snake Vine and Guinea flower, Hibbertia scandens is an excellent ground cover plant with attractive yellow flowers from spring right through summer. Wholesale growers offer thi and a number of other species that are suited to a rang of landscaping uses.
Excellent in coastal environments where it copes well with sandy soils, also suited to other areas that are predominantly frost free.
Spreading over 2m and reaching around 50cm in height it is easily pruned to maintain shape and size.
Other Hibbertia species include :
- H. prostrata – A low growing ground cover plant reaching around 15cm in height. Spreads to around .5m.
- H. racemosa – Low growing shrubby plant to .5m
- H. vestia – Another prostrate species to around 25 cm in height.
- H. obtusifolia – Small shrub to around .5m in height.
- H. procumbens – Popular ground cover variety with a number of named varieties.
- H. aspera – Small shrub to around 60cm.
Landscaping with Hibbertia
Excellent plant in commercial landscaping situations where a low care ground cover is required. Can also be trained for use as a climbing plant however will need support.
Wholesale Hibbertia Nurseries
1870 South Gippsland Hwy Cranbourne Vic 3977 - email:email@example.com
Growers of a wide range of native & exotic trees, shrubs, ground covers and climbers in 14cm pots Promotional & PBR Lines and garden hardy favourites. Supplying all states. www.faceysnursery.com.au
15 Falls Road Hoddles Creek Victoria 3139
phone: 59674244 fax: 59674239
Wholesale propagators specialising in Australian Native Tubestock. Our list comprises of hard to grow and pictorial lines. Monthly & Annual Forward Order catalogue. Accredited to all States.