Widely found in the drier parts of Australia Senna artemisioides (Silver Cassia’ is a fast growing shrub with attractive yellow flowers.
This is a very easy care plant and being a legume it fixes its own nitrogen so requires little to no fertiliser.
Useful as a background plant it can also be used as an informal hedge, a screening plant or used in mass plantings in public areas. The silvery grey green foliage and brilliant yellow flowers in spring make this an attractive, easy care garden plant.
- Botanical Name – Senna artemisioides
- Common Name – Silver Cassia or Silver Senna
- Family – Fabaceae
- Position – Full sun to a little shade.
- Soil – Well drained.
- Height – To around 2 metres
- Growth rate – Medium to fast.
- Spread – To around 2 metres.
- Flowers – Yellow
- Flowering Time – Spring to Summer.
- Foliage – Silvery grey Green.
- Frost tolerant – Mild frosts only
- Drought tolerance – Medium to good.