Landscape and garden edging include and range of traditional and modern designs and products now available for sale in Australia, includes metal (steel) garden edging, concrete, timber, brick and masonry edging, and incorporating many contemporary designs, products and ideas.
Edging products all have different qualities that make them suited to a variety of garden applications, flexibility, ease of installation and decorative appearance are all important factors when selecting any edging material
Garden Edging Products, Materials and Uses
Garden edging is used for both practical and aesthetic purposes. Garden edging materials such as metal, brick, stone, plastic and concrete edging all have a place and ideas vary with landscape requirements and design.
It is also widely used in landscaping projects to help retain paving stones or paver’s. The two major types are the flexible and removable edging products which include steel, timber and also PVC. And the fixed products such as brick and concrete.
The final choice of edging materials for garden beds or landscaping will be based on a combination of design considerations (garden design), cost, functional requirements, decorative requirements and ease of installation.
Also consider garden path design.
- Steel (metal) garden edging. Generally a flexible easy to install edging material that provides a clean edge.
- Wrought iron garden edging. A traditional or ‘old fashioned’ material
- Brick garden edging (also rock and bluestone). Solid and when installed properly can be suited to vehicular traffic, can be raised or level with garden beds, often used to edge paths and driveways
- Concrete garden edging. Can be installed as a continuous strip and mown up to
- Wire edging products. Can be raised a barrier to animals, easy to install and move.
Costs and benefits vary greatly, materials such as pine start at $2m, hardwood costs around the same but is difficult to bend, plastic edging cost around $4 m, Steel and Aluminium edging are around $12m very durable, with steel being the toughest and easiest to install in our experience.
Garden edging is used for a number of reasons:
- to define the garden edge
- to provide separation between garden beds, lawns and different landscaping materials
- as an aesthetic element to the garden
- raised garden edging can also be used as a barrier to help deter animals
Greenlines Gardenware exclusively sells the unique and innovative garden edging system that lets you be the boss of your landscape design. FormBoss is a durable & sturdy edge that can be formed to any shape on your plan, creating the whole shape and feel for your garden.
TANGLEWOOD CREATIONS for GARDEN & HOME ABN: 32 315 534 130
Phone 0409 325 562
email: firstname.lastname@example.org email:email@example.com
“Suppliers/manufacturers of a range of garden/courtyard products e.g.. decorative natural timber fence panels, garden edging panels, willow trellis etc, also individual Art pieces and hand-painted statues”.
KWIK KERB St Andrews – phone: 0414 722 444 fax: 02 9603 4909
18 Wyperfeld Place Bow Bowing NSW 2566
Obligation FREE quotes and advice on how to integrate Kwik Kerb ® continuous concrete garden borders into your home. Edgemaster curbing machine and “same-day” service convenient installation of Kwik Kerb edging.
LINK EDGE GARDEN EDGING – phone: 08 8347 4447 fax: 08 8347 7180
32 -34 Cormack Road Wingfield South Australia 5013
Garden Edging made from aluminium. Very flexible solution for creating garden edges around paving or grass.
GARDEN EDGING LANDSCAPING SERVICES Kwik Kerb – phone: 1800 773 231 fax: 07 3717 6777
2A Spine Street, Mount Ommaney Brisbane QLD 4074
Garden Edging Services by Licenced Kwik Kerb® Operators.
Kwik Kerb® is the premier supplier of concrete curbing and landscape edging in the world today