Freesia bulbs are available for sale from the following nurseries
Phone 03 52505132 Fax 03 52505116
Bulbs Direct specializes in mail order flower bulbs. With over 400 varieties of premium quality bulbs and prompt mail order service.
RIDDELLS CREEK DAFFODIL FARM
10 Daffodil Lane Riddells Creek VIC 3431 -
Phone : 03 5428 6844
Daffodils, Jonquils (tazzetta), Dutch Hyacinths, Dutch Iris, Freesias, Grape Hyacinths, Ranunculas, Anemones, Babianas, Ixias, Sparaxis, Tritonias, Blue Bells, Tulips and Snowflakes.
Bulb shop on farm open to public from 1st March through to Mothers Day.
WEB SITE and PRICE LIST
- Phone: 03 9737 9811 Fax: 03 9737 9706
357 Monbulk Road SILVAN VIC 3795
Australia's largest range of guaranteed garden worthy bulbs, plants and perennials. Visit the website for growing guides, full catalogue or to purchase.
VAN DIEMEN QUALITY BULBS - PH 03 6442 2012
365 Lighthouse Rd Wynyard. TAS 7325
email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
HANCOCK'S DAFFODILS - phone (03) 9754 3328 fax (03) 9752 5877
2 Jacksons Hill Rd, Menzies Creek VIC 3159
Hundreds of different varieties of daffodils as well as other beautiful spring & autumn flowering bulbs for home gardeners. Free colour catalogues available. Tulips, Daffodils,Alliums, Freesias, Iris and many other bulbs.
470 Monbulk-Silvan Road Monbulk VIC 3793
Phone: 1300 606 242 Fax: 1300 696 454
"Guaranteed mail order flowering bulbs, perennials, roses, trees, landscaping plants, garden accessories and community fundraising Australia-wide."
Generally not available for sale in Australia, Freesia species can be grown from seed sourced overseas.
- F. alba. A wonderful white flowering species, easy to grow and fragrant
- F. caryophyllacea. Very fragrant yellow flowering species tinged with gold
- F. corymbosa A variable species with flowers from yellow to pink
- F. fergusoniae A very attractive yellow flowering species
- F. fucata One of the earlier flowering species
- F. grandiflora. This one is a summer rainfall species and it will flower in summer given some moisture, lovely red flowers
- F. laxa Lovely bright red flowers in spring
- F. leichlini Creamy yellow flowers
- F. occidentalis Spring flowering, yellow and white flowers
- F. refract. One of the parents on many modern hybrids
- F. sparrmannii Small mauve flowers, very different to others
- F. verrucosa Another early flowering species generally with attractive simple mauve pink flowers
- F. viridis An interesting plant with small greenish yellow flowers, not widely grown
Lilac Freesia Flower