Garden Edging Products, Materials and Uses
Garden edging is used for both practical and aesthetic purposes. Garden edging materials such as metal, brick, stone, plastic and concrete edging all have a place and ideas vary with landscape requirements and design.
Garden edging is also widely used in landscaping projects to help retain paving stones or pavers. The two major types are the flexible and removable edging products which include steel, timber and also PVC. And the fixed products sush as brick and concrete.
The final choice of edging materials for garden beds or landscaping will be based on a combination of design considerations (garden design), cost, functional requirements, decorative requirements and ease of installation.
Also consider garden path design.
- steel (metal) garden edging. Generally a flexible easy to install edging material that provides a clean edge.
- wrought iron garden edging. A traditional or 'old fashioned' material
- brick garden edging (also rock and bluestone). Solid and when installed properly can be suited to vehicular traffic, can be raised or level with garden beds, often used to edge paths and driveways
- concrete garden edging. Can be installed as a continuous strip and mown up to
- wire edging products. Can be raised a barrier to animals, easy to install and move.